Total Page views

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Camera club reflections!

Camera club, it's nice to be part of something local, meet new people share ideas around a common intrest and of course a cuppa tea, now as a youth worker you might say, of course! You should know this... And of course I do. But the experience is certainly worth more than than theory.. Anyhow! Reflections on a night, a night of projected images up for critic and competition scrutiny, it safe to say that I don't see myself as anywhere near the top of this group of talented photographers abilities, but I'm not at the bottom either, does this matter? Well of course let me not be blinded by some nostalgic idea that it's taking part that counts, we all compete to win, weather it's a nice comment to give us a warm glow or weather it's the prize money! So it's safe to say I feel confident to put work in, knowing that I'll get a honest hard critic, learn from some awesome photographers and maybe some pretty words of encouragement, but also that intrinsic reward of others seeing my work, after all it's useless in the cupboard isn't it... Oh and i think Jens decide on the 40mm micro so looking forward to seeing that when she gets it and what she can do!

 Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment