Total Page views

Sunday 19 August 2012

a weekend of chances!

(Steve) Well the plans for the weekend didn't come off :( and we were left wondering what to do with damp grey nothingness! the summer of discontent continued, or so it seemed. we cancelled the shoot with Heather and the 'philosophers Daughter' series because it was just wet, hardly suiting summer dresses and paper butterflies.

Hoverfly on Sea holly. (Steve)
 Instead we decided to head of to the camera shop and hope longingly that a little break in the clouds might spread some sun on us. In Swansea Camera Centre Jen falls in love with the 50mm f1.8 and I realise that a good camera needs good glass! oh dear, time to save again it seems, so much for a free hobby once you buy the camera..

Anyhow the sun broke and we headed down to Sketty Parc and found plenty of fun in the gardens there, I took the Tamron which I have come to hate and fell in love with its potential, and coupled with another impromptu break in the clouds and more macro fun to day, I think im quite happy to play with it again. So its not the sharpest tool in the bag, but on the new D300 it rocks, (did I mention that, let me bring a update to you on that midweek)  its focuses nicely on macro and if you close the f-stop up a little its not too bad! Certainly better than nothing at all :D

you cant beat a spot of red on a sea of green (Steve)

Jen on the other hand has fallen in love with a Squirrel or two and then today, a random trip to Pembrey circuit to see what was going round in circles in the damp greyness, and the skies cleared and some fools were to be found 'Drifting'.  ill let her fill you in....



Mr Squiggle
 (Jen) Well gutting Steve's shoot was off, but I have really enjoyed myself this weekend. Having squirrels come to me when I call was so cute, not like the ones in my garden that are vicious, so may go back there without the sp90 lens on so I can get a good shot lol.

Chasing butterflies and dragonflies is always been fun to me and with the sun deciding to rear its head its best to grab a chance when you can so I am pleased with my shots and hopefully when I get home there will be more shots to share with you all.

Another Daisy shot
Drag racing today was absolute fun, not sure on my shots but a good giggle I had to myself watching them and getting burnt fron this thing that people call the sun (doesn't come around here much) . I really hope that I get a chance to catch them race again soon. It also helped this weekend when i came to realise (only because Steve is playing with his new camera) that my camera has iso sensitivity settings that i didn't know was there .. Hehehe helps a little (ps... I should read the manual to camera sometime)
Cheeky fells who was waiting for me to throw seed







No comments:

Post a Comment