Total Page views

Thursday 26 April 2012

A challenge has been set

The 366 has been a real drag for me latley, I feel uninspired and bored. It has be come a chore and that is not why I agreed to taking part in it. The 365 has in the past pushed me to be creative with the simplist of things, to push boundrys, see something with a diffrent perspective and put my own interpritation into a shot. That side of the 365 has now felt lost to me and ive been hanging in there hoping it is just a phase, but alas that hasn't passed.

Now steve I would call a genius, but im not because his head would swell more than what it has already, he has come up with an idea. What if every sunday one of us would come up with a challenge with in the 365 challenge that would last monday to friday (weekends free for camera play of own choice).

Now for example , lets say this sunday it is decided that the 365 shot was only alowed to be shot with ONLY ONE click of the shutter. that would mean that we would have to compose , adjust light aperture and shutter speed and have it all set up just for that one press of the button. If it went wrong on the other hand and didnt get shot then tough, that would have to be the 365.

There are more lessons to be learnt I think, and this will push us further along in our knowledge. Hehehe fun to be had.

for all our 365 visit http://365llanelli.blog.com/

Jenny xx

(to add my 6p worth if I may!!! i don't have a swollen head! but genius, well thats probably fair! I think that challenges are always a great way to push ourselves, but fear of 'getting it wrong' often prevents us from taking part, the 366 was never about a perfect picture, but about a picture so this challenge will add a learning dimension and relive pressure of getting and seeing a perfect shot each night. instead it becomes about learning to use  props, colours or even simply words to inspire and about using tools and techniques to there best so they become engrained in our theoretical framework. Steve. )

No comments:

Post a Comment